Friday, January 23, 2009

Loves Evolution




I have a short story to tell. To some this may not seem significant, but sometimes the smallest actions are the most significant.

Last night my brother-in-law came home from a long day at work. He informed us that he brought work home with him which must be completed for a meeting the next day. He was up all night. I know because I was online talking until 5am as he was working at the dining room table. He did not sleep a wink. He left the house bright and early and went to work. We didn't see him for lunch and he didn't take a break. Rob came home from work today his eyes were red from the lack of sleep and fatigue from the day. In his hands was a miniature rose bush for Michelle.

Considering I am a hopeless romantic when I saw what he handed (a) my sister I immediately (l) brought my hand over my heart and was in awe of this gesture. He was exhausted yet he thought of her. He was so fatigued that an hour after he came home he was passed out on the couch, but he took the time to buy her flowers on his way home. The woman that he loves the most was priority even over his own needs. That is love.

Why is this significant? I'm sure many people think that it's a husbands job to bring flowers home. I've seen many relationships come and go. I've (u) seen my parents relationship dissolve. My sisters first marriage fizzled. And my own marriage cave in, as what I now can see from lack of proper attention to one another. It saddens me to think of the heartbreak we have all caused ourselves. If we're lucky we've learned. My father has since remarried, as well as, my sister. I know that I will have the (d) opportunity to properly love and respect a husband in a way that I failed the first time. Rob's gesture is significant because it was selfless.

I've been watching my sister and her husband; how they interact and take care of each other. They are not perfect people and I don't believe that any marriage is perfect; however, individually they strive to meet the others need before they meet their own. What a beautiful cycle of everyone's needs getting met without strife.

I love the learning experiences of life.


Thank you for awakening my life to a higher standard of happiness. I am better off as a person for knowing you.



No comments:

Post a Comment